Walmart -- FREE Mars candy!

I started my price recon last night. It was nice to have a list where I could find most of the stuff. I'm concentrating on the buy $20 and get $5 in free meat coming up in the new Albs ad this week. I wasn't totally excited about this deal, so we'll see...

I decided to do a price match at Walmart for the Mars candy rather than try to find a cheap filler item at Walgreens in order to get the candy bars (you know -- that whole deal about having the same number of items as number of coupons used) because I was using a couple of the freebie coupons I got in the Chocolate Relief promo. I just wasn't in the mood to deal with it. Also, I wanted to take the Walmart sale on Ziploc bags and do a price match with the Target $1 off (w/produce purchase) and the $1/1 MQ. Here's what I was able to do:

Total OOP $3.98 ($4.94 w/tax)
without the shopping bag -- $2.98 ($3.88 w/tax)

2 Ziploc qt storage bags, 30 ct.
1 Glade Sense & Spray starter kit
2 Nexcare bandage, two types
2 Limes
8 Mars candy bars
1 Walmart shopping bag


To do the $1 Target Q price match, you have to buy a produce item. Obviously, you want to buy the cheapest price per unit you can. Here are a couple of other options if you don't want limes or have to have the produce weighed:

Lemons $0.33 each
Kiwi $0.38 each
Cilantro $0.55 each
Carrots $0.88 each, 2 lb bag

Unless you're set on buying M&Ms, the other candy bars will meet the weight requirement of the $1/2 MQ -- and since Walmart has those candies priced at $0.50 -- there is no need to price match. You just walk in with the coupon & get them for FREE!!

The ID Center Walmart was OUT of the 1 gallon Ziploc bags when I left last night. I got with the manager on duty and showed her the new $1/2 candy coupon too. Hopefully, they will be able to watch the stock on those items and keep up with the demand.


Read More to see the pricing breakdown!



Here's how the pricing worked:

2 Ziploc qt storage bags, 30 ct. $2.00
$1/1 Target Q w/purchase of produce (price match) here
$1/1 IP here
Final Price FREE

2 Limes $0.25 each
coupon went towards storage bags
Final Price $0.25 each

1 Glade Sense & Spray starter kit $5.00
$4/1 July All You Mag
Final Price $1.00

Nexcare bandage, heavy duty 30 count $1.98
$1/1 IP here
Final Price $0.98

Nexcare bandage, comfort 35 count $1.50
$1/1 IP here
Final Price $0.50

Mars candy bars (watch weight) $0.50
$1/2 MQ RP 7/26
Final Price FREE

Walmart shopping bag $1.00


2 comments:

janetf said...

Hey Darlene - the link for the ziploc bags and the Target co aren't there. You know you have to hold my hand, right?

darlenecoupon said...

Well, pffft! Sorry about that! I've washed my hands now... so, you should have the hand holding to complete the free ziploc bags part! *smile*