Does it really come in threes?

Last week was the tree and broken sprinklers over at my father-in-law's place. Last night it was sprinkler mayhem at my place & a flooded basement. Oh, yeah. I'm just lovin' this month (not). Can you freakin' believe this?! If I know you and something happens to your sprinklers, I'm really sorry. I'm not sure who is gonna get the 3rd part of this fiasco -- me or someone else -- or even how it's gonna happen. You just know it's coming.

This was total luck I found this last night. I have a treadmill in the basement, and I almost wimped out on working out. If I had....I'd hate to think of how much more stuff would have been ruined! I could have been really heartbroken. The chest in the picture is from my grandmother -- it's just at edge of the damage zone.

There was a sprinkler coupling that came "undone" -- it broke the glue connection. Since that part of the sprinkler is before the first valve box, it's under pressure & filled with water all the time. The broken connection caused the utility dug out (where we have the connections coming into the basement) to fill up and of course, water being water, it ran downhill into the basement.


Here's my poor basement -- the dark parts are the wet parts. There was about a 1/4 inch of water in the mechanical room, and it seeped under the base plate -- the carpet is squishy (YUCK!). There is no way to save it. None.

Instead of finishing our deck next week (my husband and I had planned vacation time), I'll be revamping my basement. So, I'm trying to make lemonade from these rather large lemons. Once we get through finding out how much stuff was ruined, I'll probably be able to sleep better.

I figure I'll make sure I get more shelving and a bigger space for my stockpiling. I'm gonna repaint the room too since I won't have to worry about the flooring. So, I'm pretty bummed and a little grossed out, but I'm hangin' tough.

Obviously, the price recon list will be up a little late today. I didn't get to work on it much last night. Sorry, folks. Can I just say this TOTALLY BLOWS! Okay....whining done.


Read More...he's speechless on this one...



0 comments: