Freds -- another e-coupon purchase!

Yep, it's a learning experience. Yesterday's transaction was something else. Not good or bad -- maybe a little confusing & certainly gained experience with this.

I loaded my FM M/C with the e-coupons I wanted to use, printed my e-coupon shopping lists and made sure I had all the IP / MQ ready to go. I created my item shopping list (with a few alternative items...just in case) showing what coupons I expected to use and hustled my way over to Freds. It was a beautiful day, and I was ready to rock.

Let me say this -- THANK YOU Tabitha for your help! I explained what I was doing / testing to Tabitha so she wouldn't be caught off guard. As it turns out, she was a great help & as interested as I was in seeing how it would work.

I purposefully went through the self-check at the Freds with my items so I could see the screen up close & personal. I also only had 10 items 'cause I was trying for another 500pts. I only bought items that would have both a IP or MQ coupon and an e-coupon -- honestly, I'm not sure if I got the "best" price on these items, but for this transaction, that was secondary. I can hear the *gasps* of horror from here. I know! I know! Horrors of horrors!

Here's my transaction:

Total OOP $11.78 ($13.22)

2 Nature Valley Nut Clusters
1 Chex Mix bars
1 Fiber One bars
3 Hamburger Helper
1 Betty Crocker cookie mix
2 Pillsbury Grands biscuits

Gained 500 pts = $5 in FM coupons


I can't remember the last time I bought biscuits in a can...and I don't think I've ever purchased cookie mix in a bag. Yeah, the things we do when testing a new system out! LOL!

Not all the e-coupons worked as I expected, but hey, they're working so I'm happy. I did get my first attempt at this transaction so jacked up I had to cancel it & start over. Pffft!

Here's the deal -- heads up! If you have more than one e-coupon on your card for the same "family" of items, it doesn't necessarily use the e-coupon you expect. I had loaded a $1/2 Pillsbury Grands EQ and a $0.40/2 Pillsbury sweet rolls EQ. I know I bought the Grands biscuits, but the only e-coupon that would come off the transaction was the $0.40 EQ. Dang! I might try to test this again by buying sweet rolls & see if the grands $1/2 EQ gets used.


To get the Cellfire e-coupons go here.
To get the Shortcuts.com e-coupons go here.

Here's how the pricing worked:

Nature Valley Nut Clusters $2.50
$1/1 CFire EQ
$1/1 IP here
Final Price $0.50 on 1st bag -- $1.50 on 2nd bag

(only one EQ came off for the Nut Clusters. I thought I had loaded two when I switched everything over to the FM M/C. I don't see anything as redeemed yet, so I don't know what happened here)

Chex Mix bars $2.50
$0.60 Scuts EQ
$0.60/1 IP here
Final Price $1.30

Fiber One bars $2.50
$0.40/1 SCuts EQ
$0.40/1 IP here
Final price $1.70

Hamburger Helper $1.25
$0.75/3 SCuts EQ
$0.75/3 IP here
Final Price $0.75

Betty Crocker cookie mix $2.00
$0.40/1 CFire EQ
$0.40/1 IP here
Final Price $1.20

Pillsbury Grands biscuits $2.49
$0.40/1 CFire EQ
$1/2 IP here
Final Price $1.79
(this price should have been $1.49 if the correct EQ had been used...pffft!)


I "somehow" got 11 items on this transaction. So, that's why the cash -- I had to get the "extra" item returned for cash back.


Read More...still thinks this is pretty awesome...can hardly wait for doublers...




0 comments: