Restaurant Review: The Vietnamese Deli

I'm going to do something different today, just for fun. You'll have to tell me if you like the idea.

I like to go out to eat. There I've said it. I don't mind eating at my desk, but I don't like packing a lunch. That doesn't mean I don't do it - I just don't like it. I don't like soggy bread from making my sandwich 4 hours before I eat it and I don't like eating leftover xxx that I didn't like the night before. But finances being what they are, I try to limit my lunch purchasing to once or twice/week. My office is near the corner Cole/Franklin in Boise. It's great for a quick run to Fred Meyer on Franklin/Orchard.

In front of Fred Meyer on Franklin/Orchard is a Vietnamese Deli. It was written up in the Statesman this past Friday and I have to say that I agree with the write-up. I had the Turkey Pesto ($4.25?) a few weeks ago and really liked it. I met some friends their for lunch last week and it was so crowded, we couldn't find a place to sit. The House Special (#1) ($3.25 sandwich only or $4.xx with a soda and chips) was recommended and I have had that a few times. If it hadn't been recommended, I don't know that I would have tried it - the description says pork cold cuts, pate and veggies. I have been unable to name any pork cold cuts (I think that one is the same pork you get when you order pork and seeds at a Chinese resaurant) and I'm not a fan of pate. Let me tell you, it's REALLY good! The veggies are very similar to a kimchi, I think. Not sour, just a little spicy, but great! They get their bread from the Oriental Market and it's nice and fresh. Today, I added a Vietnamese Spring Roll (85c) to my order. I'll do that again.

They offer free samples of any sandwich, so go check them out. Prices are VERY reasonable, but they don't have a lot of seating.


Read More....Loves fresh bread!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love your blog and find most of your post�s to be exactly I�m looking for. can you offer guest writers to write content for you personally? I wouldn�t mind composing a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write about here. Again, awesome weblog! news

Unknown said...

Great post, thank you so much for sharing. Do you happen to have an RSS feed I can subscribe to? more information